Sunday, November 28, 2010

A bagel is 8 points!!! (OP 2 OVERCOME Day #1)

Went to my WI this morning. I was up to 196, but with TOM and the amount of high-sodium foods I ate this week, I kind of expected it. It's OK though, I'm looking forward to my next WI when the loss will be bigger bc I will watch my sodium for the days leading up to WI (as I usually do)

My biggest quip with the NEW Points Plus program is that a bagel is 8 points! I looooove me some bagels, being a Long Islander, and usually have a bagel at least once a weekend with egg whites & cheese on it.

In OTHER news though, my Daily Points are up to 32 (based on age, weight, height), and Weeklies are up to 49! I'm going to try to survive this week on ONLY my DPs and APs, as when I start getting into weeklies, I start getting out of control - and with 49, that could open up a WHOLE NEW can of worms! I think 32 is more than enough points for me each day...And honestly, with free fruits, it should be really easy to stick to this...

Healthy oils are STILL 1 pt/tsp. I was really hoping that would be a change.

I don't REALLY have any problems with the plan, per se, other than the fact that I need a NEW go-to meal for Panera Bread...it's 24 points now for what I would usually get! I'm going there for lunch in a little while, and am going to get broccoli cheddar soup + a side of baguette...that's 12 points, but if I eat enough fruits and veggies today, that should be plenty filling for lunch.

I DID buy the new POINTS+ calculator, while they are on sale for $5.95. I think this will make things MUCH more manageable for me - and I'm currently using it to look into the Points+ values of all of my favorite foods. (Hopefully, I decide my Friday nonfat lattes are still worth it!)

Today I am beginning the OP 2 OVERCOME challenge from the 20s board. Basically, it's being OP for 21 days, to overcome bad eating habits. I think with the new plan in place, it should be really easy for me to recommit to this.

I am going to attempt to blog for the next 21 days...this is Day #1.

Feeling good, positive, hopeful. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I should add that ALL fruits are free, as promised, and that veggies are the same - MOST are free, starchy ones are not.

    Beer/wine/alcohol values have gone up!
    Light beer - 3 pts
    Regular - 5 pts
    Wine (4oz) - 4 pts...

    ^these were disappointing too, but I promise I'm not an alky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i havent looked at the new stuff. im online only & didnt get an email. I guess Ill have to check out the website!

    ReplyDelete