Monday, November 29, 2010

OP 2 Overcome/POINTS+, Day #2

I still feel REALLY good and REALLY positive about this plan! I seriously can't WAIT for WI this coming weekend...but my days are going to be off, as Thanksgiving made me change my WI to Sunday...so HOPEFULLY no one wants to go out on Friday or Saturday, because by then, I'm pretty sure I'll be out of WPA.

I've dipped into WPA, accidentally drank a glass of regular soda (which I haven't had in YEARS)...and it turned out that it's 4 Points+. I didn't even enjoy it! That, and my serving of chocolate covered raisins, which I THOUGHT would be 3 Points, is 5 Points+....So, I'm learning, through trial and error. Mom also got us Greek Salads for dinner while we were visiting last night.

SO, the best laid plans are changed, and I dipped WELL into my WPA, even though I had planned NOT to use them this week. I definitely don't want to use them ALL by week's end...this much I know!

However, all of that said and done, today is my 2nd day PERFECTLY ON PLAN in about 6 months! I'm really proud of myself - and it was DELIGHTFUL to come home from work hungry today and have a clementine without having to count a point for it. I already loved fruit, but I will definitely be doing more in the way of fruit and smoothies now that it's FREE on the Points+ system....

Tonight, I even planned to have 1/2 cup of regular ice cream, I feel like it's worth the 4 Points+ that I calculated it to be (according to the package and my calculator...) - but, being that tonight's a late workout night, I might even pass on that, and then I'll end up getting 4 of my WPA BACK...we'll see though, I do love ice cream. If it's 30 like it was this morning, I will probably pass for hot tea.

For dinner tonight, I took a recipe from Skinnytaste's Crockpot list and Point+ calculated it. I'm having 10 oz of a turkey taco chili with 1/2 c reduced fat shredded cheddar, all over 3/4 c whole grain rice for a total of 11 points. I NEVER got to eat 11 point dinners when my DPA was 27! SO psyched (but somehow, I think if I lose this week, my DPA won't be 32 anymore, I have a feeling once I dip below 190, that will change, though I can DEFINITELY embrace that change, knowing that 29 is the lowest I will ever go!)

Ok, enough ramblings for today. Will try to post pics tomorrow from tonight's Skinnytaste creation. LOVE her site!

No comments:

Post a Comment