Up 1 pound this week, but in fairness, I'm having...uhhh...going problems and it's been 3 days. I know I've been eating very carb heavy and not enough protein/fruit, but TOM's about to be here and I'm dying for starchy, carby, comfort foods. It was also my dad's birthday, and I was overdid it on the Ravioli, Garlic Bread, and birthday cake on Wednesday night. At least I can say that I enjoyed myself.
On the upside, the damage could have ALWAYS been worse!
I just discovered Skinnytaste this week. I made Pasta Fagioli, and it was excellent! My non-WW dad didn't even know that it was a WW recipe. I also made a "Enchilada Pie" in my slow cooker - that I made substitutions with and it became a WW recipe. Either way, it was delicious and I enjoyed both. Now, I just really need to start taking pictures of all of these things that I'm making - I love Emily's blog, and while I am not a photographer like her, I think it's important to slow down and enjoy the PROCESS of cooking... (Which I love anyway, but how NEAT is it to chronicle our lives in pictures, living in this digital age???)
This week: Thanksgiving. That's the biggest hurtle. I'm going to try to get in some extra APs, save as many WPA as possible, and then eat ONE plate of food.
My plan:
27 Points:
Breakfast (NECESSARY for Thanksgiving!):
Omelete (how the HECK do you spell that???):
3 egg whites
1 slice regular American cheese
tomato
mushroom
cooked in 1 tsp evoo
coffee w 2 tbs Half and Half, splenda
POINTS remaining: 22
Appetizer:
1/2 stuffed artichoke
4 stuffed mushrooms
POINTS remaining: 12
Dinner:
4 oz turkey breast
1/2 c cranberry sauce
1/2 c mashed potatoes, with salt & pepper
POINTS remaining 0:
4 oz white wine
1/8 slice WW Recipe Pumpkin Pie w Graham-Cracker Crust (from last week's weekly)
POINTS: -7...which is roughly 3 trips to the gym....
As long as I REALLY stick to this plan (I am going to write it down and put it in my purse) I should have a very successful OP Thanksgiving.
What are YOUR plans?? What are YOUR must-haves??
No comments:
Post a Comment