Monday, May 10, 2010

The Inaugural Post

Who am I?

I'm 27, a New Yorker born & raised, living in North Carolina, but returning to New York in June.

In 2007, I was a mere 7 pounds away from my GOAL WEIGHT. I started Weight Watchers at a whopping 230 pounds on my 5' 6.5" frame in 2005. I was training for a marathon. I felt good. I ate a lot. I weighed 162 pounds.

After the marathon in January 2008, running got pushed to the side. There were a LOT of emotional events leading up to the marathon that I didn't deal with. I kept eating like I was running. 170 pounds.

I was teaching (finally) in a leave replacement position, attending grad school FT, and working two part-time jobs. I worked for 6 months in the schools, and decided I was going to move to North Carolina, where there were more opportunities for teachers.

August 2008, I moved to North Carolina. 180 pounds. Found a job teaching Kindergarten, teaching dance at 2 different dance studios. Incredibly lonely on the weekends.

Lost my teaching job in June 2009, due to budget cuts. Apply for over 175 teaching jobs, do not get a single interview. I run out of money by January 2010. I begin working 3 jobs, approximately 60 hours a week, to pay the bills.

Between August 2008 and November 2009, I gain 22 more pounds. I walked back into Weight Watchers November 2009, at 202 pounds. Miserable.

I recommit to Weight Watchers in April of 2010, as I prepare to head back home to NY.

Inspired by the boards and blogs of other Weight Watchers, I decided to make a WLJ blog.

So here I am.

This time, I'm not stopping till I hit my GOAL....

No comments:

Post a Comment