Mom's in town and I wanted to try a Diabetic-Friendly recipe for her. I put it in my recipe builder, and away I went:
Health.com's Veggie Sausage-Cheddar Frittata: http://recipes.health.com/recipes/1733679-veggie-sausage-cheddar-frittata
My modifications were as follows:
1. Cut recipe in half (to yield only 4 servings)
2. Omit veggie sausage
3. Use 3 oz of Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed, crumbled, browned with veggies
4. Omit salt/pepper
5. Use 1 "twist" Sea Salt upon serving
It was DELICIOUS. I'm satisfied after having this and 1/2 of a LARGE sweet potato, sliced like fries and cooked in 1 tsp evoo.
I think if you wanted to try it, you could easily add 1 or 2 more veggies to satisfy your taste/palette. You can also opt to cook the mushrooms/peppers in EVOO or Canola instead of cooking spray to get in some healthy oil.
This one is getting committed to the recipe box. So quick and easy! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment