Microwave Potato Nachos
You need:
1 large baking potato, scrubbed
1/4 tsp ground cumin (I have be known to make this recipe without this, so if you don't have it, feel free to omit)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/3 c bottled chunky salsa
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 c shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 scallion, sliced
1. Cut the potato into approx 3/8" thick slices; arrange in a single layer in a microwavable fish. Sprinkle the potatoes with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, then prick a few holes in the plastic to vent. Microwave on High until tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Spoon the salsa over the potatoes; sprinkle with the beans and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium until the cheese is mentled, 1:30 - 2 min. Sprinkle the scallion and serve at once.
3 nachos per serving, 2 pt per serving, 4 servings. Tonight I chose to split it into two servings (one for me and one for Mom @ 5 points each. I added 2 oz of finely chopped roasted chicken breast, and on my plate, I added 2 tbs of lite sour cream, for a total of a 6 pt meal that hits a LOT of GHGs. I also add Cayenne and Garlic powders to taste).
What a great, filling, Mexican-y dinner! Noms!
btw, i am planning on making these v soon!
ReplyDeletekat