Then...allow me to copy and paste from my WW Board Posts (as I have told this story a MILLION times since yesterday):
| report this post | ground rules | |
| I'm a teacher, and my (nun) Principals pulled me into their office yesterday.. They told me that when letters of intent for next year come out, they would not be giving me one. They cited bogus, made-up reasons. I think it's bc I went to personnel on them at the Diocese. They are emotionally and verbally abusive to myself and my colleagues. It's just so unfair. I cried all day yesterday, even in front of my students. I now have to come to work for 2 months, put on a happy face, and hope they don't force me out by treating me poorly before that time. I have already called personnel AGAIN - I don't see how you could do this to someone who you gave EXCELLENT reviews on observations. They cited, amongst other things, that "In April, you shouldn't be sending kids to the principal." This is AFTER they tore down my behavior management chart a few weeks ago, and I had a student PUNCH another student, unprovoked, in the stomach. I just don't even want to go to work Monday. It was already a tense and anxious place to work, and now I feel like I am going to be scrutinized and "beat up" for the rest of the year. So scared, angry, sad, anxious. I feel worthless.... (other boardies posted words of condolences...THEN I added) I'm just SO nervous that they're going to try to can me early. I REALLY need to be on my toes now. I have never been let go from ANYTHING in my life, so I can't help but feel like this decision is political - I'm not a game-player. I come to work, I am friendly, polite, and I don't subscribe to BS. Also, I will NOT stand around and watch these people tell my friend that she "needs to do something about her face bc she looks too young" (she's 23) and that her "voice is screetchy" and she needs to "work on that." They pushed my friend Ellen to the point of no return in February, and she resigned (2 weeks notice)...then, they pushed her out a week early. I am SO scared this is going to happen to me.... | |
(more boardies commentary and then)
should add, they have never ONCE complained about my academics/curriculum.
I have ONE write up, for not removing a behavior chart that they NEVER told me to tear down. (I didn't sign the write-up bc it said they DID tell me to take it down, immediately)
These are the same LOVELY people who told me one day that I was "dressed nothing like a teacher" while wearing gray slacks, a v-neck sweater with a white cami underneath, and a pair of dress shoes. (There was 6 inches of snow on the ground at the time, and EVERY one of my colleagues was dressed similarly).
I also told them, in light of the write-up, that I was unsure how to control my classroom, as my kids felt there were no consequences anymore (I teach K), and I had nothing to use as a consequence. They said "that's too negative, you can't give consequences."
Ok, so you mean to tell me, I can't give my children a consequence AND I can't send them to the principal's office???
**sigh**
Yikes!! That sounds horrible!!
ReplyDeleteThink of the positive, at least you won't have to come back next year to deal with that crap. Look for a new job and forget about them!
Wow...I am so sorry Kelly! I can't believe people would be that way. One of my great-aunts was a nun and she was far from Christ-like, as well (like your nun principal). She allegedly stole money from her parents (my great-grandparents) while she was living with them but nobody could really say anything because she was a "woman of God". Christians can really be messed up at times, but as a Christian myself just keep in mind not everyone is like that. But that is angering to me because it's crap like that, that makes people turn away from faith.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about everything. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember they will get theirs in the end. What goes around comes around. The right job is waiting for you somewhere, where people won't treat you like their verbal punching bag.
:(