Thursday, February 17, 2011

I might still be able to save my week...

I didn't get to run last night. I was disappointed, but I am currently on an antibiotic that is completely sucking the life out of me! I've been napping like crazy and it really sucks, bc running is good for my sanity. I'm going to be 2 miles short on my week this week, but I'm going to have to suck that up and deal with it. I should have no problem getting in 3 - 3.5 later tonight...around 7:30.

I got on the scale again today, which I NEVER do...but I went to the bathroom today - which I ALSO realized I'd hadn't done in 2-3 days...

And now the scale says I'm only up .7....TOM is ending, as well...so the bloating is going down and the back pain is subsiding. I'm drinking water like CRAZY today, and going to plan a very Power-Food-Full day for tomorrow. So far today, I'm doing REALLY well on my GHGs, with the exception of my healthy oils - but I plan to get both of them in at dinner, by hell or high water.

I figured, maybe I can "save" this week by just making it an maintenance week/small gain Sat AM. I just REALLY need to watch my sodium and all of the little "extras." I think aside from the emotional eating, the one thing I was REALLY missing out on planning this week was my afternoon snack, planning what to cook for dinner ahead of time. I find I do best that way.

I think I may have also been doing some emotional eating, over the following statement made by one of my students on Monday...

"Ms. J, You're too heavy."

Umm, ok kid, I'm 20 lbs thinner since the beginning of the year - and yet, NOW, in the past 3 weeks, not one but TWO students have called me "fat." I know they're 5 and 6, but not only do I find this incredibly rude - but it takes me back to my childhood. I was ALWAYS the "fat, smart" kid and was teased, beaten up, and generally bullied bc of it. Tears spring to my eyes STILL when kids say this to me....and it's hard to let go of it - obviously if I am still thinking about it today....

ugh. Anyway, I'm running later tonight. I'm doing it today...and tomorrow, I have a run and get to see my P :-) That'll get me through the LAST day before winter break!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know one person that isn't bothered by being called fat. Even if it is coming from a kid it still hurts the same. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. A few years ago when I was on a field trip with my daughter a boy in her class told me I should exercise. So bascially he was calling me fat. I was horrified. I didn't know what to say so I just ignored hime while I tried to swallow the huge lump in my throat. I wanted to cry. Here is an 8 yr old telling me to exercise. GREAT! At that time I was about 180 or 185. I never wanted to go on another field trip after that.

    I got on the scale this morning since my WI is this weekend and I'm up to 174. I don't know if thats because TOM is on his way out and because I lifted weights yesterday and my body is sore or if I really ate that shitty this week. I'm out of WP's but I still have 19 AP's. I'm hoping I can "save" this week to and just maintain.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl I hope you feel better soon. I'm TOMing too. My emotions are crazier than a 8 month pregnant woman. My poor mom has had to hear all about it. I may or may not have ate everything in sight as well. HMMM!

    Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete