Sunday, February 20, 2011

Calling All Bloggers...& the dreaded "D" word

So, this morning I sat down to read all of the blogs that I am linked to on my blog - and found that I need to do some "housekeeping" on my blog. I'm going to remove any of the bloggers that haven't updated since 2010...and ALSO, if any of you follow me and would like YOUR blog linked here, please let me know ASAP - I'm going to make the changes later this week.

Now, on to the "D" word. Diet. I've heard it being thrown around like CRAZY on the boards and in meetings this week, and honestly, it makes me cringe.

I hate the word "diet," in 99% of all conversations. I need to make it clear to everyone now that WW is NOT a diet. A diet is something uncomfortable, that makes you cranky, and that leaves you constantly depriving yourself of things that you like to eat. ALL.THE.TIME.

Weight Watchers is not a diet, in that, if you do it right, you plan and you portion, you can still eat everything you want....For example...Since P+ started, I have eaten the following things that you would NEVER see on a "diet":::runs to previous 3-month tracker to look:::
-oreo truffles
-chocolate frosting (yes, out of the jar)
-rainbow chip frosting
-cupcakes
-real ice cream with sprinkles
-buffalo chicken
-cheesecake
-frozen pizza
-italian bread
-pizza (restaurant style)
-snickers
-tortellini soup
-white chocolate cookies & cream fudge (homemade...noms)
-friendly's Happy Ending Sundae
-Peanut Butter M & M's
-Papa John's Pizza
-cheez-its
-REAL bagels
-beer
-wine
-Buffalo Calamari
-Cake
-burritos
-doritos
-potato chips
-dip
-stromboli
etc, etc, etc

What I'm saying is....people, it's NOT a diet! I still eat EVERYTHING I want! If you are depriving yourself, you are doing something WRONG! Weight Watchers is teaching me how to make portion sizes, yes..and I feel this is a very important component of the program. When I was younger, I thought "satisfied" was "FULL." No matter I was so fat and lethargic all of the time - I was overeating EVERY time I was eating.

Your "diet" is what you eat everyday. Your intake. It is NOT WW. WW is not a diet.

Don't deprive yourselves! Make an effort to enjoy your food & indulge. I pack ONE sweet treat in my lunch every day - this week, it is going to be Hershey's Cookies & Cream Kisses.

I thought this entry would be more intelligible...but it's not. Sorry. Just don't say "diet."

6 comments:

  1. Hey I came across your blog from the 20s board. I actually just started a blog today
    jennaswwjourney.blogspot.com
    It would be great if I could start to get some people to follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna! I'll add you to my blogroll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love for you to add me to your blog roll!!

    http://farandwide-jillian.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be on your blogroll! I have a link to your blog on my blog!!

    www.thealmostathlete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ladies! You've been added to my blogroll. I'm going to update my "WLJ Friends" links later.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a little late, but i'd love if you'd add me :)

    theroadtoskinnymegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete